If you need a refreshing wintery side dish, look no further than this vibrant and nutty brussels sprout salad. Note: you can prep all the components in advance, just hold off on assembling and dressing until right before serving, making this perfect for Thanksgiving for a dinner party.
Prep Time: 30m
Cook Time: NA
- /4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 freshly grated black pepper, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- I pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Marcona almonds or almond slivers
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan, more for garnish
- To make the dressing, combine olive oil, cider vinegar, salt, pepper and chili flakes in a jar. Cover tightly and shake to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more oil, vinegar, salt or pepper as needed.
- Put the brussels sprouts, almonds, and mint in a serving bowl. Top with dressing, parmesan, and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning salt and pepper. Garnish with some additional parmesan, if desired.
More Recipes from the Archive
Level: Medium, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 15mOctober 29th, 2019 Fall Main Courses vegetarian
Level: Easy, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 30mOctober 2nd, 2019 Fall Salads vegan vegetarian
Level: Medium, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 30mSeptember 23rd, 2019 Condiments