We love corn boiled, grilled, and simmered in chowder - but in the heat of the summer it's also great eaten raw (directly off the cob) or in this refreshing corn salad with herbs. Protip: this salad can stand in as a salsa if you add a diced hot pepper.
Prep Time: 15m
Cook Time: NA
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 1 shallot (or 1/4 small red onion)
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, tarragon, or mint)
- In a salad bowl or other vessel large enough for the salad, mix the oil, vinegar or lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Peel and mince the shallot. Add it to the dressing and stir to combine.
- Husk the corn, removing any clinging silk, and use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels (you can do this into a separate bowl and then add to the dressing, or cut them directly into the bowl with the dressing).
- Core, seed, and chop tomatoes into a 1/4 inch dice.
- Toss corn and tomatoes with dressing.
- Fold in the chopped herbs; taste and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
More Recipes from the Archive
Level: Medium, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 15mOctober 29th, 2019 Fall Main Courses vegetarian
Level: Easy, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 30mOctober 2nd, 2019 Fall Salads vegan vegetarian
Level: Medium, Prep Time: 15m, Cook Time: 30mSeptember 23rd, 2019 Condiments